Sunday, June 30, 2013

Work Update

Work has gotten a lot better for those that were wondering. I am not one to keep things to myself so I did talk to my boss about my schedule. I just told her that it wasn't fair for her to expect my performance to stay up to standards if the majority of my shifts caused me to lose more and more sleep throughout the week. I also told her that I understood that she can't customize everyone's schedule to their desires so if she was unable to help me out by adjusting some things that I would just look into transferring to a different job. I didn't say it in a mean way, I just let her know that I couldn't handle the way my schedule was set up and basically told her I had to take care of myself. She said she understood, but that was basically about it.

 So I talked to the manager of housekeeping about working for him instead, and he called my boss to see if it was okay with her for me to switch. After that things started happening, other people were complaining a bit louder, people weren't showing up at all or were pretty late for breakfast shifts later in the week because they were oversleeping, and some people quit because of the insanity. So we have a new person making the schedules and she makes it so there is a lot less turnover from dinner to breakfast. There are still some back to back shifts but in a completely manageable way.

Now I still have plenty of hours but I also get decent amounts of sleep :)

Yay for mutiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment